The first weekend in September, the children and I headed to Idaho.
Ryan and Kara were visiting from Cleveland and we decided to head there for the weekend.
We were excited that we got to go to the fair.
It was the first time Brielle and Braden had experienced it and it was fun for them that Christopher and Nathanial were there too.
It's always fun for Brielle and Braden to see their cousins.
I'm glad that we were only a drive away and they got to see them.
Hopefully they'll have this memory.
Grandpa Clay got tickets for all the kids to go on some rides.
They were so happy!
Thanks Grandpa!
They rode on quite a few rides and had a blast.
Emily and Brooke were becoming acquainted.
The older children were having a blast!
After the rides, we sat down to rest.
Man! Those kids have so much energy.
I think they could have gone on another round of rides, if it would have been up to them! :)
Brookie was tired by now...
Brielle and Braden had a fun time trying these 'crazy' hats on.
We had to have some fair food.
It was good and oh so unhealthy!
I loved every bite of my gyro and fries.
Brooke was so exhausted, all she wanted to do was cuddle and be held.
Penny was so sweet and was willing to hold her while I ate.
The fair didn't disappoint.
We all had a blast and enjoyed it.
Hopefully next year, Scott will be able to make it.
The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing...
We headed to the park with Clay, Great-grandma and Penny.
It was a beautiful Idaho day.
Idaho summers are so perfect.
While I was pushing Brooke on the swing, someone called my name...I realized it was two familiar faces. Brother Ivers and his sweet wife. Brother Ivers was one of my professors at BYU-Idaho and later became my boss when I taught there. He also became a mentor. He is just the salt of the earth. What an amazing man he is and his wife is the sweetest woman too. He was always and continues to be so encouraging. He is the kind of person that will make you feel good about yourself. I love being around him because I always leave feeling uplifted. I am so blessed to know him and have been associated with him when I taught at BYU-Idaho.
I'm so glad, I randomly saw him at the park!
What a wonderful coincidence!
It made my day!
Sunday came all too quickly and it was time to say goodbye.
It was a quick but fun visit to Idaho.
Glad we got see everyone and spend time together.











No comments:
Post a Comment